NEW!

My photo
Mancora, Peru
Welcome! Here you can sign up for the upcoming Yoga/Surfing and Life Balancing retreat in Mancora, Peru. Just click on the Pay Pal cart below to select the Room option that you would like! Any question? You can email me directly at balanceyogaretreats@gmail.com

Yoga Retreat Deposit and Fees

Yoga Retreat Deposits and Fees

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Go ahead...tease me!

The other day I was telling my aunt about how I had a breakthrough in that suddenly I was appreciating being teased by my partner. She laughed and said, it’s probably good for you to laugh at yourself more. You know, in our family, no one taught us how to take things lightly. I realize that, given all of my drive and dedication to “doing” all of these important things in the world and “becoming” the person who I want to be, I can often take myself and life too seriously. Which must be why I have manifested this person into my life who is an incessant and merciless teaser, until I break down and laugh at myself. What a relief…
Do you ever find that you are taking life so seriously that you are getting stressed or frustrated or overwhelmed by something that you know, with a bit of context, is absurd, but you just feel like those emotions suck you in without your control? Isn’t it exhausting?
Many of what we call negative emotions, like stress, frustration, sadness, come about from something or someone not meeting our expectations of what we would like to see in life. Now even the idea of “negative” emotions give them a bad rap, because really, all of these emotions are just information that we can use, telling us what direction to move in. Whatever direction we choose folks, the only thing certain is that it is a wild ride. And so why not enjoy it? As Abraham Hicks explains, Why does your dog stick its head out of the window and risk getting all of the bugs in its eyes? Because the exhilaration of the ride is worth it.
So my recommendation is to take every possible opportunity to laugh, particularly at ourselves, because that softens the Ego’s death grip on our thoughts, and because laughing is just fun. Even being teased can be a gift, another opportunity to laugh. If you need someone to do the teasing, just let me know…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this content with others

Bookmark and Share