NEW!

My photo
Mancora, Peru
Welcome! Here you can sign up for the upcoming Yoga/Surfing and Life Balancing retreat in Mancora, Peru. Just click on the Pay Pal cart below to select the Room option that you would like! Any question? You can email me directly at balanceyogaretreats@gmail.com

Yoga Retreat Deposit and Fees

Yoga Retreat Deposits and Fees

Sunday, November 22, 2009

40 Days of Plentitude: Making the radical choice to live in abundance

I have been away from writing this past week, as I have taken on the most essential and truly most difficult task of my life: being with all of the intensity of life exactly as it shows up, and it has been showing up INTENSELY. Through this process I have had the gift of amazing friends and teachers who continue to point me toward the beauty of experiencing the depth of all of my emotions, to be with pain, sadness, fear, anxiety and Still be able to hold onto my inspiration, my knowing of the goodness of my true nature and my faith that our world is truly one of unexpected possibilities. As I am more and more able to take it ALL in, to be with all of the contrast, my life becomes a testimony to our unbelievable strength as human beings.

One of the greatest lessons has been about the importance of where and how we focus our attention. That is, when I continue to focus on what is wrong, what is missing, what is not going the way that I would like it, that is what I see. And when I can allow those things to just BE as they are, and stop resisting against them, they aren't so oppressing, and things naturally begin to shift, as they always do.

Today I was at a service in Agape International Spiritual Center, an amazing place, check it out online http://www.agapelive.com/
They called us all to a wonderful campaign which they called 40 days of Plentitude. This begins today, and runs until New Years Day. The focus of this campaign is that we each commit to focus our attention for the next 40 days on the abundance and plenty that exists in our lives.

This is a conscious contradiction of the Scarcity Mentality that we are constantly being bombarded in the world, with the economic crisis and worries about jobs and health care and mortgages, etc. As we worry more about scarcity, we take on a scarcity mentality that discourages us from sharing more, taking risks, creating more, even spending more, and suddenly we really ARE living in scarcity.

Instead I encourage you all to join me and many others in this campaign to spend the next 40 days until new years, gaining consciousness of all the reality that is our true nature when we have the faith enough to see it: I HAVE ALWAYS HAD EVERYTHING THAT I TRULY NEEDED.

I invite you to join in on this campaign and let me know how it affects your life, and what comes up for you when you do.

As always, any questions or concerns, please write to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this content with others

Bookmark and Share