NEW!

My photo
Mancora, Peru
Welcome! Here you can sign up for the upcoming Yoga/Surfing and Life Balancing retreat in Mancora, Peru. Just click on the Pay Pal cart below to select the Room option that you would like! Any question? You can email me directly at balanceyogaretreats@gmail.com

Yoga Retreat Deposit and Fees

Yoga Retreat Deposits and Fees

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Appreciation Challenge

I used to have this practice with a friend of mine where we would email one another at the end of each day with a list of things that we appreciated from that day. Ok, some days it was a list, and other days I would struggle to come up with one or two. Now I know that for many people this sounds like another new age, "the secret" reading, cheezy practice. However it was MY experience that beginning to notice some things that I appreciate and pay attention to them long enough to write them down, was really a powerful practice that made me feel good about the world. It doesn't mean the whole world becomes soft and fuzzy, but it did remind me of all the things that I felt good about before I went to bed at night. And then after a while I stopped doing it and returned to my practice of worrying and stressing about what I had to do, wasn't doing, should be doing, shouldn't be doing. Great plan.

SO I am inviting you all to join me in a one-month appreciation challenge. I was recently reminded that this month is the month of Thanksgiving in America, so I suppose it is all the more appropriate. I am going to write everday on my blog and facebook pages, a list of things that I appreciated from my life that day. I invite you to read my appreciations, send them to other people if you like them, and comment. Most importantly, write your OWN appreciations and post them here in comments. I would love to hear what you think. My recommendation, if you want to make it the most powerful practice, is to write them just before going to bed. It really is a much healthier way to go to sleep. And then TELL me, if you notice any difference in how you sleep and how you wake up.

So take the one month challenge!

2 comments:

  1. Oops! My appreciations for today are: the final remains of the sun setting over the water in Summerland Key, smoked salmon made by my aunt, Jacob doing all the dishes, hot weather to go swimming in november, new perspectives from a FREE coaching call,all the people who wrote to support my blog and coaching business, chocolate brownie Luna bars (this is health food??), Jacob learning how to snuggle AND to dance in one short week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I've never blogged before, so I am jumping right in! I agree heartily with your plan to be appreciative of the wonderful things we have, even if it's just a warm and cozy bed to sleep in when you are very tired. Today I spent time with friends from a former job, and I realized once again how happy I am to do what I do every day. Sure, weekends are great, but to get up and go some place where you love what you do is one of the great gifts of life. "Cultivate an attitude of gratitude."
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Share this content with others

Bookmark and Share